Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Playing Catch Up

     It's been a crazy few weeks!  Between dealing with a newborn, trying to keep the house from looking like it was hit by a tornado, and getting everyone off to school and set in a routine... we've been busy!

     Anyway, here's a look at what we've been up to around here.

     First, the kids had to start the school year.  The first day is always the most exciting!
    It was Kai's first year of school and he was over the moon about riding the bus.  We love our bus driver to pieces.  That man is great!  Always in a good mood and ready with a wave and a smile.  The boys adore him.

    Also, our chickens are laying eggs like you wouldn't believe.  I expected a few eggs here and there, but we're getting 5 a day!
Scarlett's chicken, "Ballerina".



     The chickens do have kind of a prankster side to them.  They love to escape from their chicken enclosure and walk up to the back door to tease our cat, Rango.  I swear sometimes that chickens really can and DO laugh.
    With all these eggs, we have to find creative ways to use them.  Omelets for dinner, hard-boiled eggs for snack and packed in lunches, and an egg-souffle' creation that actually turned out quite yummy!
    Between all the running around, there is still time for us to goof around.  This mustache is still something that we love to run around with.  Who would have thought you could get so much enjoyment from a little piece of felt?  I recommend felt mustaches and glue dots to everyone.  :)


     Luckily, I've been able to catch a few spare moments here and there to keep up my crafty addiction. First, I wanted to whip up a Dr. Seuss hat for Liam.  The first fitting didn't go so well.
    Liam kept moving and it slid down over his eyes.  Being the great mother I am, I had to snap a photo before quickly removing his unintended blindfold.  ;)

     When I finally finished, I was so proud and excited to finally get some of those adorable baby shots I've always admired online.  I had visions of sweet, sleeping Liam with an adorable Dr. Seuss hat.  Instead, I put it on and he hated, HATED this hat.
    Once he calmed down, he then wouldn't stop trying to eat the pom-pom.
   You wouldn't believe the amount of "outtake" photos that I have with this hat.  I tried everything.  Finally, I was able to snap a quick shot of him being peaceful and calm.  Success!
     We haven't touched the hat since.

     I have gotten some sewing done.  A few of my friends are having babies and I wanted to make them presents as a surprise.  Everyone loves non-bill related mail!

    So I made some hats for my friend having twins.
    And a blanket for my friend having a little girl.
     Then, I got all hopped up on a sewing high and whipped up swaddles and burp cloths to put into the Etsy shop.  I adore bright colors and beautiful patterns.



     So that's what we've been up to.  I'm back into a routine and should be posting with more regularity now.  Hope everyone else is doing well too!

2 comments: